- The Canadian PD Project has ended. We would like to thank all of our sponsors, as well as the particiapting hospital sites.
- We recruited Canadian hospitals to act as PD pilot sites over 18 months. These hospitals went through the process together.
- We provided PD coaching, local training, and close mentoring throughout the process.
- Via the PD process, these hospitals will empower staff to apply their knowledge and unique experiences to address ongoing infection control issues within their own facilities and nursing units to bring about sustainable culture change and decreases in MRSA and CD.
- This project also aims to help develop local expertise in PD in order to enable future PD projects in the Canadian healthcare system.
This project is made possible through the partnership and contributions of The Canadian Patient Safety Institute, The Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), The Western Node of Safer Healthcare Now! and the BC Patient Safety and Quality Council.